[Digikam-users] Compile issues.

Tom Cada thomas.cada at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 03:30:24 GMT 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 3:33 AM, Johannes Wienke <languitar at semipol.de> wrote:
> Am 07.02.2010 03:50 schrieb Tom Cada:
>>
>> I have successfully compiled digikam version 1.2.0 (rev.: 1085366)
>> except for a few issues.
>>
>> -  From what I can see, I have all of the necessary dependencies (as
>> defined in the kipi-plugin README) to compile ExposureBlending but in
>> the log created by cmake, it says that it will not be compiled.
>
> libkdcraw >= 1.0.0 library found......... NO
>
> is the problem. You probably have an older version.
>
>> -  In the digikam dependencies section cmake finds the libkdcraw
>> library but in the kipi-plugins section, it is not found.
>
> Same here. a few lines above it finds a version >= 0.4 but not >= 1.0
>
> Johannes

Thanks for the reply.

I puzzled over you comments, as I had a libkdcraw loaded from the
Ubuntu repositories.

I did some searching through the files that I had downloaded, and
found a libkdcraw directory along with a bunch of other stuff in the
kdegraphics directory.

Going through the log of the last digikam compile, I found that there
was no mention of a libkdcraw. I then had a sneaking  suspicion that
maybe I should compile the kdegraphics as I did the digikam programs.
Although in my defence I would say that your website does not say that
you have to do both. And of course I am looking for a cookbook recipe
that specifies every step.

Not my brightest moment.

So I compiled and installed kdegraphics, redid digikam. and everything works.

Thanks for the help... Tom.