[Digikam-users] Migrating from F-Spot to digiKam: how to import tags?

Rafael Coninck Teigão rcteigao at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 17:15:03 GMT 2010

Hello, everyone.

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm really impressed by how
lightweight digiKam is and how fast it was able to import around 6k
photos I have.

Speaking of 6000 :-)... all my photos were managed by F-Spot, and all
of them are cataloged in tags such as: Places -> USA -> California ->
Carmel -> 17 ml rd. All these tags are stored in a photos.db file and
most of my photos also have multiple tags.

Is there a way for me to import these tags to digiKam? Is it possible
for them to keep nested, such as the example above?

Thanks a lot,
Rafael.