[Digikam-users] Database migration

John B. Egger jbe9 at cornell.edu
Mon Dec 27 23:06:54 GMT 2010

If I use "Database Migration" to move my Digikam (1.4) database from a
small primary hard disk to one of my large secondary backup data disks,
will the process move my albums (the folders and the photos they
contain) or should I move the folders and their photos to the target
destination before running "migration"?

I can't tell if "migration" simply redirects Digikam to look elsewhere
for the albums and transfers the captions, tags, etc. there, without
actually moving or copying photographs. Google turned up a thread in
which the original poster found no photographs. That suggests they
should have been moved or copied first.

--
---John
Registered Linux User #291592