[Digikam-users] Re: Help! Installation of new exiv2 2.0??

Hevï Guy heviiguy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 17:37:32 GMT 2010

I am SO SORRY for needing such basic assistance but, I'm completely out
of my element. Thanks for your understanding...

I followed Gert's instructions:

Yes, You need to build the exiv2 first: (and You can replace
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local with -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr)
(copy'n'paste from
http://www.digikam.org/drupal/download/SvnAlongStable)

svn checkout svn://dev.exiv2.org/svn/trunk exiv2
cd exiv2
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local ..
make
sudo make install

I ended up with the following:

Checked out revision 2408.
heviiguy at hevii-NtBk-2:~$ cd exiv2
heviiguy at hevii-NtBk-2:~/exiv2$ mkdir build
heviiguy at hevii-NtBk-2:~/exiv2$ cd build
heviiguy at hevii-NtBk-2:~/exiv2/build$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull-
CMake Error: The source directory "/home/heviiguy/exiv2/build" does not
appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
heviiguy at hevii-NtBk-2:~/exiv2/build$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull
CMake Error: The source directory "/home/heviiguy/exiv2/build" does not
appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
heviiguy at hevii-NtBk-2:~/exiv2/build$ ~

Yes, I can see that I don't have cMakeLists.txt. However, where do I get
this single file and where do I put it now that I'm apparently replacing
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local with -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr

Do I need to "patch" this as well? If so, how and where?

Indeed, although I'm learning (as you can tell by my questions, right?),
I still need help every step of the way. I appreciate everybody's
gracious assistance but please don't assume that if you leave something
incredibly basic out, I'll be able to add it. I'm like a passenger on an
aircraft who has had no choice but to jump into the pilot's seat after
the latter has keeled over. I need to be told every minutae of the
process by somebody on the ground so that I can safely land this puppy.