[Digikam-users] Re: Question about "stars" rating integration with rawtherapee.

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 15:32:02 GMT 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 06:26 +0100, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> With RAW, the only solution is XMP sidecar files. It implemented in
> digiKam 2.0.0

The following was posted in the RT forum.

I suppose DK people speak only of what is or will be possible with DK.

It is absolutely possible to include XMP data in Tiff based raw files,
in peculiar NEF and DNG (I don't know for other formats). You can do
that with exiftool.

The issue is that photographers don't like modifications of their
original raws as they fear corruption or incompatibility with some SW.

So, other possibility is to include XMP metadata in copy of original
file either in same format or transcoded in DNG.

for example, Capture NX saves processing parameters inside a copy of the
NEF file.

Question : is DK able to read XMP data inside raw files ?