[Digikam-users] Question about "stars" rating integration with rawtherapee.

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 22:07:56 GMT 2010

I am starting to use Rawtherapee (RT) as my raw conversion tool.

Rawtherapee 3.0 is being released under GPL.

I plan to continue to use DigiKam as my DAM tool.

As such, I would like to be able to "rate" raw images (ie give them a
star rating) in DK and then perform raw conversion on said rated images
in RT.

When I attempt to do this (ie rate raw files in DK and selected images
based on their DK rating in RT), none of the data appears to be
available.  Others have had a similar experience.

I've started a discussion on this topic in the rawtherapee forums.

http://rawtherapee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17335#17335

Could someone explain to me/them how the DK rating data storage system
works with respect to storing the data within the raw image and also
suggest how DK and RT might be used or modified to work together ?

Thanks

LG aka RedForeman.