[Digikam-users] Re: Downloading photos - mirror card's directory structure

Kyle Altendorf kyle.altendorf at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 17:32:50 GMT 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 11:14, jdd <jdd at dodin.org> wrote:
> Le 09/12/2010 16:53, Kyle Altendorf a écrit :
>
>>> copy with your explorer? eventually directly from the memory card?
>>>

>> Yep, that's what I've been doing for the past 10k photos.  I'm looking
>> for the ability to do that within digiKam.
>
> until digikam handle the revision history, this is pretty dangerous.

I've been eagerly awaiting versioning support in digiKam since before
IdImager got it a few years back.  Needless to say I am very excited
about the upcoming 2.0.  :]

> personnaly, I always keep a brand raw copy of all my photos and always
> work with digikam on a copy. Frequently enough I come to don't like
> the work done previous day, and I need to go back to the original.

I never (except when I really screw up) save over the original files
from my camera.  I also duplicate most of my data between my laptop
and desktop on a weekly basis.  Even when working within Photoshop I
created scripts and layers to apply to the original image such that
all of my changes could be individually tweaked and the whole image
recalculated from original to final cropped result.

Anyways, thanks for the comments.

Cheers,
-kyle