[Digikam-users] Downloading photos - mirror card's directory structure

Kyle Altendorf kyle.altendorf at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 23:40:10 GMT 2010

Not a big deal but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.  I
store my photos on my hdd with the same directory structure as the
camera creates on the card (DCIM/xxx_PANA/Pxxxyyyy.jpg for my old
FZ15).  As far as I can tell digiKam's import feature takes all photos
and puts them into a single directory on the hdd (except for
date-based or extension based sub-albums).  I tried to use a rename
pattern like '[dir]/[file].[ext]', but the '/' character isn't
allowed.

Am I missing something that would let me do it my way?  Thanks for any comments.

Cheers,
-kyle