[Digikam-users] Migration from digikam3.db to digikam4.db doesn't save tag assignements

mclaudt mclaudt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 21:40:56 GMT 2010

Hello, I used digikam 0.9.3 under openSUSE 11.0 X86-64 KDE

Now I'm trying to run digikam 0.10.0 under openSUSE 11.2 X86-64 Gnome

It migrates list of my tags from old digikam3.db to a new digikam4.db, but no
albums and tags assignements are converted.

I played with digikam --database-directory but no success. I have KIO installed.
I know that it is possible to write tags to files in old database and then
import in new - but it is a trick.
I parsed new digikam config files and didn't see anyting special about database
that coud prevent direct converting - the only parameter is the name of database
file.

Any ideas? What is the right way to log digikam and solve problem directly?