[Digikam-users] Digikam and Nepomuk

Mark Greenwood captain_bodge at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 4 02:08:11 GMT 2010

Hi all,

New to the list. I'm using digikam to manage a very large collection of photographs. In particular what attracted me to it is the very useful tagging and rating and the integration with nepomuk, which will make some of the way I work so much easier... that is if I can get it to work. I've googled this and not found anything so I hope someone here can help me.

I'm using digiKam 1.6.0 on KDE 4.5.4 (Kubuntu 10.10)

I've enabled the two options under 'Metadata' - "Store metadata from digiKam in Nepomuk", and "Read metadata from Nepomuk".

However, there are a few strange things happening:

Firstly, if I have just tagged some files with "MyTag", I open Dolphin and in the search box I type hasTag:"MyTag" but my newly tagged files do not show up.

Secondly, if an image already has several tags and I remove *one* of them, the image is immediately removed completely from nepomuk - ie it doesn't show up in a hasTag: search for *any* of the tags that are still applied to it.

Finally, if I create a new tag it doesn't seem to get added to Nepomuk at all - usually if I type a tag name into the search box in Dolphin, Dolphin gives me a drop-down menu with tag names that match what I'm typing. For a tag I just created in digiKam, this does not happen.

All of the above can be rectified by going to digiKam Metadata settings and choosing 'Fully resynchronise again', but I don't think that is the way it is supposed to work.

I will probably raise all these things as bugs, but I thought it polite to discuss it here first.

Mark