[Digikam-users] Re: Updating on Ubuntu

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Thu Dec 2 07:57:43 GMT 2010

Personally I don't know to which point you can use maverick packet on
Lucid.
May be, if all dependencies are satisfied, it's possible.

But, ppa easy installation (with the ppa:philip5/extra use), set
automatically your Ubuntu version, so if you want to use a non-lucid ppa,
you have to change manually in the source manager this ppa by changing,
when editing it, "lucid" by "maverick".

If you want a PPA for lucid, you one, but only with DK 1.5.0 :
ppa:philip5/kde45

https://launchpad.net/~philip5/+archive/kde45

But, as I already get some trouble with this kind of ppa, you need to
uninstall first your actual digikam before as the packet building seems to
be differents from original digikam packet. Here digikam and Kipi-plugins
only have one deb each, where, in ubuntu (maverick in my case) repository,
they have each two packets (digikam and digikam-data, Kipi-plugins and
kipi-plugins-common). So you can't directly upgrade with kde45 ppa, but
it's not so different as you keep parameters in your /home. (note that
extra ppa is not affected by this)

Nicolas Boulesteix
Photographe chasseur de lueurs
http://www.photonoxx.fr