[Digikam-users] Re: Updating on Ubuntu

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Thu Dec 2 07:33:29 GMT 2010

Have you rightly install the PPA ppa:philip5/extra as JDR write in the
last message ?

# sudo add-apt-repository ppa:philip5/extra

Cause, the error message seems to be linked to another Philip5's PPA
ppa:philip5/kde44 which is not avaible for maverick, so the error is
normal in this case I thing.

If you check here,
http://ppa.launchpad.net/philip5/extra/ubuntu/dists/maverick/main/ , you
can see in extra directory, maverick is took in charge.

Le Thu, 02 Dec 2010 05:09:21 +0100, davidvj <davidvincentjones at gmail.com>
a écrit:

> On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 14:58 -0800, photonoxx-2 [via digiKam] wrote:
>
> Here is my result in trying to update the repositories for 'philip5'
>
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/philip5/kde44/ubuntu/dists/maverick/main/source/Sources.gz
> 404  Not Found
>
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/philip5/kde44/ubuntu/dists/maverick/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
> 404  Not Found
>
> Both sources appear to be correctly installed without errors.
>
> Are other people using Maverick?
>
> David

Nicolas Boulesteix
Photographe chasseur de lueurs