[Digikam-users] Updating on Ubuntu

davidvj davidvincentjones at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 20:26:41 GMT 2010

I have the latest DK version that is available from the Ubuntu repository ..
that is Ver 1.4.0 and I am running Ubuntu 10.10

I have been trying to update to the current 1.6.0 and have downloaded the
1.6.0.tar file that I then converted into a deb file using alien. This all
appears to have gone correctly.

When I try to install the deb file I get blocked from the Software Center
with a message "A later version is already installed".

Could I ask somebody that has already upgraded to Ver 1.6.0 on Ubuntu 10.10
to provide some guidance in this matter. Help would be most appreciated.

David