[Digikam-users] Sorting manually a collection of pictures

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 11:13:33 GMT 2010

The question is not strictly related to Digikam, but I thought some of you
could have provide an answer.

I'm in the process of creating a photos book with 200-300 photos.
I have exported to an external folder all the pictures among which I will
make a final choice.
Now, I need to "play", sort and arrange them, in order to provide a good
sequence for the book. This has nothing to do with an automatic sorting
order; I would like to choose and move manually each photo in order to get a
definite order, before getting them in Scribus for desktop publishing.

Do you know any tool that can provide such a function; something like drap &
drop the thumbnails, then save the manual order?

By the way, I'm running Linux, so neither a Windows/Mac-only will do.

Thanks for your answers,
Marie-Noëlle

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en
herbe<http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com>

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
générale<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com>