[Digikam-users] Batch resizing using the shortest dimension

jag59 jldeshpande at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 17:42:32 BST 2010

Hi Marie-Noëlle Augendre
You can do it using Gimp with plugin 'gimp-dbp' i.e 'David's Batch
Processor'.

If this plugin is installed,do following.
GIMP>Filters>Batch Process>
In the dbp window add files and in resize select enable, absolute option &
give
width=not less than your longest image
height=say 540
Fit=Inside
Thjis 'inside word is the real key!
Prescribe other things in remaining tabs if necessary.
Good luck!

Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:

> I need to resize quite many panoramic pictures in order to export them to
> my
> online gallery, where they'll be displayed with a jQuery widget.
> They won't have the same width, but I would like them to have the same
> height (about 540 px), that is the shortest dimension.
>
> Is there a way to do that "en masse", or will have I to resize them one by
> one.
>
> Thanks for any idea.
> Marie-Noëlle
>
> --
> Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en
> herbe<http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>
>
> Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes
> Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com>
>
> Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
> générale<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com>

-----
Jagdeesh Deshpande.
Registered Linux user #492893