[Digikam-users] Digikam crashes in Ubuntu 10.04

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sat Aug 21 16:09:39 BST 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 04:24:27PM +0200, Remco Viƫtor wrote:
> on Saturday 21 August 2010, Chris G wrote:

> > Yes, I just tried that too, it works as another user, wierd.
> >
> > Might it be worth deleting the database files? Will digikam rebuild
> > them completely?
>  I think you'd lose all tags and captions for RAW files in that case, as those
> are only stored in the database (writing to RAW isn't really supported atm)

I don't have any raw files so that's not a problem.  I'll move the .db
files away and try again.

No, that still dies.

I suppose the other thing to try is to get rid of my digikam
configuration files....

No, still dies after removing *everything* I could find in my home
directory related to Digikam.  However if I run as another user with a
symbolic link to my pictures directory it works OK.

--
Chris Green