[Digikam-users] Albums: how do you organize them?

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Wed Apr 28 23:12:32 BST 2010

I organise by year then by date, with the event or location appended to the folder name. E.g. 2010/2010-04-22XyzBeach.

The year folders means there aren't thousands of folders to scroll through, and the day folders mean I can go straight from my diary to the right folder. I visit the same locations so often that organising by location would mean too many photos in one folder.

Appending the location or event to the folder name is just a convenience, I add a location tag too.

Organising by date also reduces the chance of file name clashes when the cameras run out of numbers and start from 1 again.

Sent using BlackBerry