[Digikam-users] Database errors

G NoSpam gandalf.nospam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 21:32:34 BST 2010

Hi all,

I just got a new computer, and setting up digikam here causes
problems. I compiled and installed from svn without problems, but
starting digikam gives me errors like "error while opening the
database. digikam will try to automatically reconnect to the
database", and here the program is stuck. I tried pointing digikam to
a fresh directory (no database etc inside, just images), tried also to
delete my digikam configs in .kde which I moved from the old computer,
and finally tried to start digikam with a new user. It all did not
work :-(
In the konsole, it says

digikam(4073)/digikam (core): Error while opening the database. Error
details [ QSqlError(-1, "", "") ]

What causes these problems? Are there some dependencies that are not
checked and are now missing?

Best,
Gandalf