[Digikam-users] Can digikam "Save As" dng files?
kde at fahrendorf.de
Wed Apr 28 19:35:01 BST 2010
Am Mittwoch, 28. April 2010 04:29:56 schrieb sean darcy:
> Yes, I can convert nef and cr2 files to dng. What I can't do is
adjust nef, cr2 (or dng!) files and then save them.
> So how should I save them for future 16 bit editing? tiff? pfm?
This is your choice, as long as you use non destructive formats the
difference is either size or performance (and exif data as some
formats does not support exif). If you don't plan to edit them right
now, don't convert them at all.
I usually go these steps (shoot jpeg and raw):
1. sight all my pics and delete the unusable
2. tag all pics
3. tag those pics I don't want to edit (good enough)
4. edit raw files of pics I want to adjust some parameter and safe
recipe (ID file)
5. convert them by batch job (to the format specified in the ID file -
mostly jpeg or png)
6. edit those I need to adjust in more detail
7. sharpen if needed
Between step 4 and 5 there can ba a delay of some days or weeks. At
the end I usually have a jpeg and sometimes a png (mostly 8bit).
Btw: for adjusting while balance and colours you need a calibrated and
More information about the Digikam-users