[Digikam-users] How to export to a remote computer?

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 08:21:53 BST 2010

On 27 April 2010 03:25, Choaga <gjtoth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone PLEASE tell me what this silly thing is looking for in an FTP
> connection?!  There is nowhere I can see to enter username and password.
> Just point me in the right direction.... PLEASE!  If it's so easy, why are
> more people willing to impart some wisdom here??!!

Normally it is something like
"ftp://username:password@ftpsite.com:portnumber". But remember FTP can
have Active or Passive connection (change default type in System
Settings), it can be encrypted (FTPS) or not, using different ports
then the standard and so on. You need to know exactly what the
FTP-server are using to be able to connect. I don't know what version
of KDE and Digikam you are using and that can make a difference to.
KIO could not use FTPS before, I don't know if it works now in latest
KDE.

It took me five seconds to find the answer in Wikipedia, searching for FTP.
See more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Transfer_Protocol
Specially the "Web browser support" section.

/ Jonas