[Digikam-users] URGENT : coding sprint in France...
caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 07:37:06 BST 2010
I plan to organize next KDE-Imaging coding
sprint in France, where i live, in nice city from south of France
named Aix en Provence. Do you know ?
Previous event, organized by Marcel have been located to Germany.
When event have been closed, I have said that i will try to manage
next one in France. So the story start here now...
I already review some places to host the event. I found this one, not
too expensive, already used by my office to make seminaries :
The advantage are :
- Hotel in place.
- Restaurant in place.
- Room fully equipped with Wifi and internet.
- Not too far of city center.
i would to plan the event during summer, for multiple reasons:
- GoSc and digiKam : we have some students to manage, and to meet it
in real life before the end GoSc period will be fine.
- People are more available during this period and booking date now is
the best way to complete it with success.
- We can plan more than 3 days of work during summer. 3 days is at
least, the minimum.
- The most important of course (:=))) : summer is nice here. it will
be a pleasure to work with sun light (-:=))).
KDE-ev is ready to sponsorship the event. But, as usual, i need more
informations from possible contributors, as :
- Avaibility : period.
- Availability : when you can come, and back.
- Travel cost (plane, train, car)
- Where do you come from.
- Subjects to work during event
- Phone number.
For that, i set a new spreadsheet in svn at this place :
Please fill/fix the file accordingly, or send me directly the
information, i will make change as well.
Thanks in advance for your help.
PS : If i forget somebody in this post, please forward this message to
the right people, as students for ex.
More information about the Digikam-users