[Digikam-users] Templates for IPTC & XMP ?

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Sat Apr 10 10:46:42 BST 2010

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 07:45:55PM -0400, jim junk wrote:

> When you click on the METADATA tab is there anything under the IPTC
> or XMP tabs?  I have information there like the date of the photo and
> any tags that I may have given the photo even before I apply the
> template.

Only the IPTC contents the image had before or what I enter manually
through the IPTC / XMP editor.  If I start with a plain image and use
that template method, the tabs remain completely empty.

> Do you use regular tags and if so do you see them in the METADATA
  tab?

Yes. No. (Yes I use, No I don't see)

> When you click on the METADATA tab there are two icons on the top
  left.  Do you see a change when you click on one or the other of
  these icons?

When having images with pre-set or manually entered IPTC, it changes
as expected (one show more, one shows less).

When using templates, both remain empty.

regards
Hadmut