[Digikam-users] Mass image date (year) change with DigiKam ?

Michael Fierro biffster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 16:16:43 BST 2009

On Tue September 15 2009 5:28:39 am Gilles Caulier wrote:

> 2009/9/15 Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com>:
> > Somehow I set the year wrong on our new camera and thus have ~500 images
> > tagged as 2010 when they should be 2009.   Is there a way to change the
> > year of these images en masse ?

> In IconView, use TimeAdjust kipi-plugin or Cpations & Tags from Right
> sidebar tab.
>
> In Camera Interface, during download, you can fix time stamp too.

The last time I tried to change the time stamps using the Captions & Tags sidebar, it sorta worked. I tried to change the year on a batch of photos, and it did change the year. But it also set the month, day and time to the same value, also. (e.g. all photos were now dated 3/3/2009 12:47, even if they were taken on a different month, day or time).

Did I do something wrong when I was trying to do this?

Michael Fierro                                      biffster at gmail.com
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
Lilo: I eat four food groups and look both ways befroe crossing the street...
and take long naps... and get disciplined?

- "Lilo & Stitch"