[Digikam-users] How do I set up Digikam for network access by multiple users ?

Brano branob at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 20:41:23 BST 2009

I have a same situation, all my photos are on NFS share, my digikam DB
is on my desktop local.
My wife has also the share mounted and needs to be able to tag the
pictures for printing/sending to various friends.

I'm planning to implement this (once I get to re-install my wife's laptop).

1) Keep all photos on NFS (or CIFS) share ...mounted to me and my wife
(I have complete backup copy elsewhere)
2) Keep my digikam DB on my desktop
3) Let my wife have digikam on her laptop with local DB
4) She'll be tagging pics and digikam will save the tags to exif info of
each photo (as well as her local digikam db)
5) Then I can re-scan the pics on my PC and get all the tags from exif
and process further as instructed (by her :))

By this I'll get (somehow) the two DBs in sync ...at minimal I'll get
the info I need from her to my db.

Brano