[Digikam-users] Inconsistant Color Management

Karsten Salewski karsten at photo-salewski.de
Thu Sep 10 09:24:14 BST 2009

Hi Folks

I just encountered a mismatch within the color management of my system.
The colors of the photos do match between Gimp and Firefox (with Color
Management enabled). But digikam does not provide the same colors.
Can somebody tell me why digikam shows differen colors than the other
applications?
Needless to say that it is the same screen, the same computer. The screen has
been calibrated yesterday and the profile installed with xcalib.

Color settings digikam

ICC-Farbprofilinformation
Wiedergabeabsicht : Wahrnehmend
Profilversion : 34603008
Profil-Kennung : 0
Name : IEC 61966-2.1 Default RGB colour space - sRGB
Modell : IEC 61966-2.1 Default RGB colour space - sRGB
Hersteller : IEC http://www.iec.ch
Information : sRGB IEC61966-2.1 Copyright (c) 1998 Hewlett-Packard Company
WhitePoint : D65 (daylight)
Geräteklasse : Anzeigegerät
Beschreibung : sRGB IEC61966-2.1
Copyright : Copyright (c) 1998 Hewlett-Packard Company
Verbindungsraum : Unbekannt
Farbraum : RGB
CMM-Kennzeichen : 0
Colormanagement is enabled.

Color Settings Gimp:
sRGB IEC61966-2.1
sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Copyright (c) 1998 Hewlett-Packard Company

WhitePoint : D65 (daylight)

Colormangement is enabled.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Karsten Salewski