[Digikam-users] Multiple album roots - what's the point?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Thu Sep 3 22:48:48 BST 2009

I though that the new facility of having multiple album roots in
0.10.x and 1.0.0 onwards would actually be useful but I *really* can't
see what difference it makes.

The albums *still* appear all in the same hierarchy.  Surely what's
needed is a way to start digikam on different albums with no
conenction between them.

What I was hoping for was to be able to separate my collection of
pictures (as in photograhs I have taken) from my collection of scanned
documents - but I can't.  I still see my documents album/folder when
I'm looking at my pictures and I still see my pictures album/folder
when I'm looking at my documents.

I want a way to tell digikam to start up either with 'this' hierarchy
of albums or with 'that' hierarchy of albums with no visibility of one
from the other.

--
Chris Green