[Digikam-users] About overexposure reconstruction

Leonardo Giordani giordani.leonardo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 10:59:51 BST 2009

Hi all,

I'm working with the SVN of yesterday (31 Aug) and noticed a strange
behaviour of the overexposure reconstruction while importing RAW data (Canon
CR2 from EOS 350D).
I'm do not know if what I'll describe is an error or the right behaviour of
the tool.

I refer to the 3 screenshots you can find on
http://picasaweb.google.it/giordani.leonardo/DigiKamReconstruction#
Sorry for the localized italian interface.

1. This is a RAW image loaded with Exposure Reconstruction set to Full White
2. This is the same image with Exposure Reconstruction set to Reconstruct
(level 0)
3. This is the same image with Exposure Reconstruction set to Reconstruct
(level 3) - This is exactly the same as 2

I do not understand why the reconstruction of overexposed zones should
compress the histogram as shown. Is this an error?

Thank you in advance

Leonardo