[Digikam-users] Canon 500D and a RAW question

Sven Flossmann sven.flossmann at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 26 19:21:31 GMT 2009

Hi,

I've mainly two questions related to RAW format for which I did not found an
answer yet.

1)
digikam uses the embedded JPEG for the Image Viewer. Assuming one performs
some changes (e.g. White Balance, ...) in the image editor on RAW images.

   - Would the viewer also use this new updated image?
   - .. or must the image be converted into another file?
   - If yes, which resolution / size would the image viewer use?

What I miss is something similar to Adobe Lightroom's: Change something e.g.
WhiteBalance and the change is always applied when viewing the image.

2)
I've a Canon 500D. In one mail of this list it was stated that RAW decoding
will work fine if 8 Bit color depth is used. However, I always get pink
images in the editor. I'm using 1.0.0-beta5 from the Kubuntu9.10 beta
repository.

Thanks a lot,
Sven