[Digikam-users] Digikam over SSH -X with multiple users

jdd-gmane jdd at dodin.org
Sun Oct 25 19:21:50 GMT 2009

Dotan Cohen a écrit :
> I am networking our home, and I would like to install Digikam on the
> server. Users will open digicam via X forwarding over SSH. What issues
> must I be aware of if multiple people use it at the same time? We will
> genreally be adding tags, moving photos to different folders,
> importing photos, and deleting photos. Thanks.

best way is probably instaling freenix and opening a session on the
server (for each user)

Digikam (old version, kde3) used to build the database on the folder
pointed to by the config, so one can use as many database as wanted (I
use this often).

New (kde4) allow creating one database and as many "collections"  as
you want.

I beg the best way of working is to allow a different database for
each user. You can then open the locations and have read access to all
the images but write access only on you own base

this may ask for an other level: better make the various users have
write acces to they own images (at the system level, make write
disabled for group, for example) to prevent problems

However, never tried so complicated thing

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org