[Digikam-users] Digikam 1: failure of metadata editing on multiple files

Jan Ott jan.ott at gmx.de
Wed Oct 21 20:51:44 BST 2009

Digikam 1.0.0-beta5, KDE 4.3.2, Kubuntu Karmic beta (AMD 64)

Hi,

I am trying to edit XMP metadata of all images of an album, e.g. write
the photographer's name to the creator field of all images.

To do this I select all images of an album in album view by pressing
strg+a or by selecting Edit -> Select All from the Menu. Then I select
Image -> Metadata -> Edit XMP from the Menu to open the Metadata Editor,
check the appropriate checkbox, enter the photographer's name and click
apply or OK.

Unfortunately only the metadata of the first of the selected images is
actually changed, the rest of the images remains untouched.

What am I doing wrong?

Jan

Component info:

digiKam version 1.0.0-beta5
Exiv2 kann in JP2 speichern: Ja
Exiv2 kann in JPEG speichern: Ja
Exiv2 kann in PNG speichern: Ja
Exiv2 kann in Pgf speichern: Keine
Exiv2 kann in TIFF speichern: Ja
Exiv2 unterstützt XMP-Metadaten: Ja
LibCImg: 130
LibExiv2: 0.18.2
LibJPEG: 62
LibJasper: 1.900.1
LibKDE: 4.3.2 (KDE 4.3.2)
LibKExiv2: 0.6.0
LibKdcraw: 0.5.0
LibLCMS: 118
LibPGF: 6.09.33
LibPNG: 1.2.37
LibQt: 4.5.2
LibRaw: 0.7.2
LibTIFF: LIBTIFF, Version 3.8.2 Copyright (c) 1988-1996 Sam Leffler
Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Marble-Widget: 0.8.1
Parallelised demosaicing: Ja
LibGphoto2: 2.4.6
LibKipi: 0.4.0