[Digikam-users] rsync collections between two PC

Markus Spring m.spring at gmx.de
Tue Oct 13 16:38:22 BST 2009

Gerard Milhaud schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>     I rsync all my pics and the digikam db between two PC. It works fine
> a long time, but since 2-3 months, it is not possible anymore. When I
> rsync, I take the digikam db file from the most recent location, but
> now, the target PC does not accept the digikam db file from the other
> one. I have to re-analyze all my (huge) collection to rebuild the db...

I use the same procedure every week and it still works fine.
Some ideas:
* Compare the file checksums with sum on both computers - are they the same?
* Check file permissions
* Check in the digikam settings if the path to the digikam database is correctly
pointing to the fresh transported file

Markus