[Digikam-users] Possible database corruption?

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Sun Oct 4 19:46:17 BST 2009

Luka, you wouldn't believe it. I struggled for hours without luck, until
I got the idea that a restart might help. I had already thought about
that, but that felt too simple and I wasn't convinced at all, but
desperation was finally stronger. And... it worked. I feel so stupid.
Smack me, you've got all rights to do so.

Maybe some slave died, as Andi suggested. I don't know. It works. Phew.

Thanks Luka and Andi for your time and for your help!

Luka Renko wrote:
> Strange, the symptoms are the same as with package mismatch.
>
> Can you start digikam from command line (for example Konsole) and report what
> does it print out?
>
> Can you provide output of the following command:
> apt-cache policy digikam libmarble4 kdebase-runtime

Sure, this is the output even if not needed anymore:

<snip>
ro at thinkpad:~$ apt-cache policy digikam libmarble4 kdebase-runtime
digikam:
  Installiert: 2:0.10.0-1ubuntu3
  Kandidat: 2:0.10.0-1ubuntu3
  Versions-Tabelle: