[Digikam-users] Possible database corruption?

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Sun Oct 4 12:25:36 BST 2009

Hey guys,
I'm a happy digikam user for years now, without ever experiencing a
single hiccup. Today it's Digikam 0.10.0 on Ubuntu 9.04 with approx.
30.000 images. However, when I started digikam this morning, all images
seemed to be... gone!?

The album was empty, even the keyword view contained no images. The
keywords were there alright, but... no images, even they were sitting in
their usual folders just fine.

I reimported a backup of the digikam4.db, still no pictures. I even
reimported the digikamrc, but that didn't help either.

I get no error messages whatsoever on starting or using digikam, the
images are just silently gone.

I was initially afraid that the database could be corrupt, but since the
database from the backup - that is known to work - doesn't work either,
I'm a bit lost. The album and database paths still point to the correct
directory, otherwise digikam would complain about missing images, right?

Well, what can I do now?

Cheers,
Robert