[Digikam-users] "Artefacts" on the image in Edit

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Fri Oct 2 20:14:52 BST 2009

Hi.

Chris G wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 06:52:44PM +0200, Nicolas Morange wrote:
>> Le vendredi 2 octobre 2009 18:21:12, Chris G a écrit :
>>> While doing the changes to lighten my underexposed pictures that I
>>> asked about recently I noticed that there are a lot of Artefacts on
>>> the Edit screen.  In particular there are white dots on very dark
>>> areas and dark dots on very light areas.
>>>
>>> These artefacts only appear on the edit screen, after doing some
>>> changes using the Curves Adjust tool and saving them the image in the
>>> main Digikam display doesn't show the artefacts.  So it's not a *big*
>>> problem but is is a bit distrcting.
>>>
>> Isn't it the tools to highlight too bright/dark areas ?
>> Try F10/F11 to toggle these.
>>
> So it is, what are they supposed to be telling me (apart from showing
> me the darkest areas) and is there something specific one can do with
> them?

Yes, it is. Their function is to delimit supersaturated
black areas and overexposed (burned) white ones,
respectively. You see the icons/buttons in lower right
corner, blue toggle buttons with exclamation marks on them.
Toggle the buttons if their warning signs distract your eyes.

Best,

Sveinn í Felli