[Digikam-users] digikam, external harddisk and file date

Uwe Krause uwe.krause at web.de
Mon Nov 2 21:11:24 GMT 2009

Hi,
i use digikam to organize my photos on both an internal and an
external harddisk, synchronizing the directories via krusader.
Being away from my home computer during the week i want to work with
the files on the harddisk and transfer the changed files to the home
computer on weekends.
(i successfully organized my mp3-collection with amarok using the same
method).

When i tag photos that are on the external disk the date of the file
will not be changed. Therefore i cannot distinguish the changed from
the unchanged files.

File permissions are ok, i can copy & paste, and rename the files on
the external harddisk. The option to write metadata to files is
checked. On both computers (home pc and laptop digikam behaves the
same: internal ok, external: problem).

i use digikam 0.10.0 on kubuntu 9.04.

Thanks for help
& Greetings