[Digikam-users] Colours, digikam and firefox

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Sun Nov 29 19:00:03 GMT 2009

Marcel Wiesweg píše v Ne 29. 11. 2009 v 18:40 +0100:
> There is currently no batch process to change convert or remove color
> profiles, though it should be added in the future.
> For now, I know of the ImageMagick solution - I hope this is a lossless
> operation?? If not we should think of something else.

For the curiosity, I ran "convert input.jpg +profile icc output.jpg" 400
times in a loop. Well, it seems that even this simple operation re-codes
jpeg since every image was a bit different. The same applies to "mogrify
+profile icc image.jpg".

It may be safer to use e.g. exiftool to remove the ICC profile from
image without recoding:

$ exiftool -ICC_Profile="" image.jpg

I believe exiv2 could do similarly.

Regards,