[Digikam-users] Great write up on digiKam and Kipi "sprint". Multiuser functionality coming ? 1.0 before Christmas ?

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Wed Nov 25 17:43:40 GMT 2009

Le 25/11/2009 17:42, Linuxguy123 a écrit :
> "MySQL support marks the start for a multi user digiKam application and
> other features in the future."
>
> http://www.kdenews.org/2009/11/22/digikam-and-kipi-sprint
>
> Great work guys.  Keep it up.  Can't wait to see 1.0... before
> Christmas !

"Holger Foerster, working on MySQL support for digiKam, brought his
feature branch up to date again and, working with Marcel, ensured it
is usable as well with the traditional SQLite database. MySQL support
marks the start for a multi user digiKam application and other
features in the future."

I hope support for sqlite will be kept, I always found backing up
mysql (and restoring) is a nightmare, so I prefere apps not using such
centralized data base

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net