[Digikam-users] Colours, digikam and firefox

Alastair Burt burt at dfki.de
Mon Nov 23 18:18:41 GMT 2009

Caspar Maessen wrote:
> Op maandag 23 november 2009, schreef Alastair Burt:
>
> With showfoto 0.9.6 your images look different also. Your original has a
> colorprofile sRGB D65 and the saved one sRGB D50. These are different
> profiles, and may cause the colorcast you notice in firefox. Have a
look at
> you colormanagement settings in digiKam/showFoto

That is interesting information. The whole time, colour management has
been turned off in my digikam and showfoto -- at least according to the tab
in my settings dialogue. I wonder what tool you used to find out the
colour profile of the original. When I examine the original in showfoto
(version 0.10.0), it tells me the photo has icc profile "sRGB
whitepoint: D50". Perhaps, that is where the problem lies?

-- Alastair