[Digikam-users] Import labels tree from external files

Marco Uliana marcouliana at inwind.it
Sun Nov 22 14:43:15 GMT 2009

Dear Digikam users, I am new both to DigiKam and to KDE (I am running them
on Windows Vista OS).

I am searching the best software to manage my collection of zoological
photos and I am evaluating DigiKam against similar products, mainly
IDimager.

My first question is: is there a way to import a tree of hierarchical labels
from an external file (excel table, csv file, etc.)? I ask this because I
have a complete taxonomic tree containing thousands of names, which I want
to directly implement in my photo organizing software.

Thanks for your help, Marco