[Digikam-users] New issue with NEF metadata edit and CaptureNX

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Fri Nov 20 18:13:02 GMT 2009

Hi,

I already post here for a similar matter, but it doesn't seem to be the
same.

I have edit metadata of a lot of NEF files, obtained directly from the
camera, with Digikam 1.0 beta5(repository version of Ubuntu 9.10).
But I'am unable to open their in CaptureNX v2.2.2 (a black picture appear
and processing continue without end) nor with ViewNX v1.5 (Unsuppported
filetype message is given when i try to view the RAW picture).

As for the previous issue of exiv2 (#636), i try to install Exiv2 from SVN
and to type in a terminal:

exiv2 -M'set Exif.MakerNote.ByteOrder II' (with the path to my corrupt
file), but with no result.

I search for a new Exiv2 issue about NEF but i don't found any, so i post
two versions of a nef file of wich one with the K at the filename end is
unopenable with nikon softwares.

http://photonoxx.free.fr/digikamNX2/nb-photos-20090715-142043.nef

http://photonoxx.free.fr/digikamNX2/nb-photos-20090715-142043K.nef

My components info in digikam are followings

digiKam version 1.0.0-beta5
Exiv2 can write to Jp2: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Jpeg: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Pgf: No
Exiv2 can write to Png: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Tiff: Yes
Exiv2 supports XMP metadata: Yes
LibCImg: 130
LibExiv2: 0.18.2
LibJPEG: 62
LibJasper: 1.900.1
LibKDE: 4.3.2 (KDE 4.3.2)
LibKExiv2: 0.6.0
LibKdcraw: 0.5.0
LibLCMS: 118
LibPGF: 6.09.33
LibPNG: 1.2.37
LibQt: 4.5.2
LibRaw: 0.7.2
LibTIFF: LIBTIFF, Version 3.8.2 Copyright (c) 1988-1996 Sam Leffler
Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Marble widget: 0.8.1
Parallelized demosaicing: Yes
LibGphoto2: 2.4.6
LibKipi: 0.4.0

If anybody have an idea about that I'll be very gratefull

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Boulesteix - Chasseur de lueurs - http://www.photonoxx.fr