[Digikam-users] Help requested - Digikam running really slow

Adam adam at akpetty.com
Sun Nov 15 14:13:56 GMT 2009

Some basic info

2gb Ram
2.80ghz duel core processor
Ubuntu 9.10
Digikam 1.0.0 Beta 6
55,000 image files in folders arranged by date taken

I have the database on the system volume, the files are on an external hard drive.

I am trying to tag my image files and it takes a long time to navigate through the application. Every action seems to take for ever to complete, even scrolling in the thumbnail window is slow.

My question is, where can I start to trouble shoot this? Keep in mind I am new to linux, long time windows user.

Is there some monitoring I can put on there or an output I can look at? Is there things I can diable to make it quicker?

any help would be appreciated