[Digikam-users] Problems moving photos from EOS 350D

Anders Troberg anders.troberg at tekis.se
Thu Nov 12 14:48:03 GMT 2009

With the version currently in Kubuntu, I had some weird problems when
trying to download photos from my EOS 350D. Digikam detected it as a
Canon Rebel XT, which, given that it's the US designation for the
camera, I thought was close enough. However, as soon as the transfer
started, DigiKam crashed. This was a consistently repeatable error.

After fooling around a bit, I tried manually adding the EOS 350D camera
to the list. Iirc, it still identified it as a Rebel XT, but now it
worked perfectly.

Probably some minor hickup, so just consider this a bug report and some
bug hunting information.

/Anders Troberg
anders.troberg at tekis.se