[Digikam-users] Metadata blues.

Tom Cada thomas.cada at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 03:48:54 GMT 2009

I have just installed DigiKam 1.0.0-beta5 from the Ubuntu repositories
(version 9.10). Everything seems to be working OK except for the
metadata handling.

I have been trying to set up a metadata template (Settings > Configure
DigiKam > Templates) and find that I cannot enter the Copyright, Right
usage terms, and Instruction fields. They accept data but do not save
it. That is, when I close the window and then reopen it, there is
nothing is those fields.

In addition, when I select "Write metadata to image" nothing happens.
I would have thought that I would be asked which template and then the
metadata from that template would be added/updated to the image.
Though I may be wrong. That's not the first time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks. Tom.