[Digikam-users] [metadata] Exiv2 0.18.1 and can't write metadata on RAW/TIFF/PNG files

MichaƂ Smoczyk msmoczyk at wp.pl
Sat May 9 11:21:10 BST 2009

Hi,
I *really* need a possibility to write metadata into my TIFF
and PNG images. I've got about 4 000 photos in those loosless
formats tagged in digiKam 0.9.5-7.1 and 0.10.0 databases (I use both
versions of application, preparing to migrate only to 0.10.0).

I use digiKam 0.10.0-3.12 regulary updated from fresh (I think
so...) openSUSE KDE4 Factory repository and I've got _newest_ Exiv2
0.18.1 installed and I DO NOT HAVE A POSSIBILITY to write metadata
in mentioned files. I don't know why. I can write metadanta using
Exiv2 via command line, that is ok.

Any ideas what is the solution? Maybe somebody has installed from
such openSUSE packages and HAS a possibility to write metadata into
TIFF/PNG files?

Cheers,

--
/\/\ichau, admin [monkey] nocnyrzepin [dot] net
http://www.nocnyrzepin.net