[Digikam-users] Another question about RAW processing

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Wed May 27 23:46:09 BST 2009

On mercoledì 27 maggio 2009 21:04:29, Gilles Caulier wrote:
: > 2009/5/27 gerlos <gerlosgm at gmail.com>:
> > Hello everyone!
> > Till now I shot a really small number of photos in RAW (I was mostly happy with my jpg images), so please understand that I have a very little experience with RAW...
> >
> > OK, let's go to my question: I've shot quite a number of astronomical images with a friend, using his Canon 50D, different lenses and some of my telescopes. He said "RAW is better", I agreed, and now I have a lot of images needing editing, and mostly need to fine tune white balance (technically, we need to look for a G2 star in the shot and use it to set our white point).
> >
> > I think digikam is very convenient when I need to organize and edit a lot of shots and I'd prefer to use it to work on them instead of using something else, like ufraw, but I found that I can't tweak RAW conversion parameters on a per-image basis, but only globally, from the main configuration window.
> >
> > It seemed very strange to me, so I ask you: is there a way to change that parameters individually for each image?
>
> Of course.
>
> There are 2 way : Let's digiKam apply same demosaicing parameters +
> auto post processing adjustments. This is the default option,
> dedicated for beginneer.
>
> For advanced users, just go to Editor Settings page, and set on " Use
> RAW Import tool..." option. Now open RAW file in editor and enjoy.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/3562292552/sizes/o/in/pool-817639@N22/

Great! I knew I was missing something! And, mostly, thank you for this really fast answer!
I'm thinking even more that what's matters is not only the software, but also the people "around" that software! :-)

Anyway, I skimmed the config dialog a couple of times looking for something similar, without noticing it... I guess I need to look better next time! It was written in the top line of the RAW settings page!

Sorry for the dumb question... :-)

thanks
gerlos

--
"Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more
of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something