[Digikam-users] Problem concerning the displayed creation date of files without EXIF data.

Thomas tzsnoopy at gmx.de
Fri May 15 22:29:06 BST 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 14.05.2009, 19:52 +0200 schrieb Mikolaj Machowski:
> On Wednesday 13 May 2009 19:53:41 Thomas wrote:
> > Nevertheless, it is strange, that I can't reproduce the dates in a
> > terminal using 'ls' or something similar.
>
> You can check output of exiftool option and look for a possible date there.
> But if digiKam knows about that date it should be also somewhere in metadata
> tab on the right somewhere (EXIF, IPTC, XMP).

Since, the files are movies, there are no EXIF, IPTC, or XMP data.
Furthermore, the shown "created"-date is years after making the movies.
Probably, the date is the day when I copied the files to the hard drive.
But the problem is that I cannot reproduce the date in a terminal,
therefore, I have no idea how I could adjust this date to the real
creation date.

Maybe, someone could tell which C++ function is used to determine the
creation date if no metadate can be found. This could help me to find a
way to adjust all creation-dates in a batch process.

Thanks a lot!
Thomas