[Digikam-users] problem mirroring pics and database with rsync

Markus Spring m.spring at gmx.de
Thu May 14 18:14:39 BST 2009

Mark Alford schrieb:
> It seems to me that hard-wiring the UUID of the partition inside the
> database is an unfriendly thing to do. Will this be fixed when bug 175923
> is fixed?

What you can do is set the 'identifier' field to a url-encoded path like this

volumeid:?path=%2Fhome%2Fspringm%2FBilder

where the field 'specificPath' has the value '/'

This helps in my case that I can have synchronised databases on my laptop and
desktop computer.

My proposal would be to make this behavior the default instead of using the UUID

Markus