[Digikam-users] problem mirroring pics and database with rsync

Mark Alford alford at wuphys.wustl.edu
Thu May 14 15:40:55 BST 2009

I have digikam-0.10.0 in Fedora 10.

I got digikam working on my desktop machine, and I then mirrored
all the picture files and the digikam4.db database file to
a directory (with the same pathname) on my laptop, using rsync.

On my laptop I did digikam -> Settings -> Configure Digikam and made sure that
the directory where the digikam4.db file is located is there in the "database
file path" box.

But if I run digikam on my laptop, I don't see any albums
in the left panel, just "My Albums".
How do I tell it to go and open up that digikam4.db file
and show me the pictures?