[Digikam-users] [metadata] Exiv2 0.18.1 and can't write metadata on TIFF/PNG files

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Mon May 11 16:26:08 BST 2009

On Monday 11 May 2009 14:13:48 Micha? Smoczyk wrote:
> Or maybe there is a possibility to get good libkexiv2 from another
> repository? Or compiling by myself from sources, but I don't know if
> I could compile only 1 library in KDE from sources (and not whole
> big KDE, I am week at this).

AFAIK to make *everything* work you have to recompile digiKam against exiv2
0.18.1 - just installing this package isn't enough. If you only replace older
version of exiv2 some things will work but only part of functionality will be
available. Am I correct, Gilles?

m.

ps. Recompile or get digiKam package build against newest version of exiv2.