[Digikam-users] [metadata] Exiv2 0.18.1 and can't write metadata on TIFF/PNG files

Micha? Smoczyk admin at nocnyrzepin.net
Mon May 11 13:13:48 BST 2009

Gilles Caulier wrote:

> Problem is in libkexiv2 distributed with KDE4.2. Typically, i have
> fixed that with KDE 4.2.2.
>
> Gilles Caulier
>
> 2009/5/11 Michal Smoczyk <admin at nocnyrzepin.net>:
>> Hi,
>> I *really* need a possibility to write metadata into my TIFF
>> and PNG images. I've got about 4 000 photos in those loosless
>> formats tagged in digiKam 0.9.5-7.1 and 0.10.0 databases (I use both
>> versions of application, preparing to migrate only to 0.10.0).
>>
>> I use digiKam 0.10.0-3.14 regulary updated from fresh (I think
>> so...) openSUSE KDE4 Factory repository and I've got _newest_ Exiv2
>> 0.18.1 installed and I DO NOT HAVE A POSSIBILITY to write metadata
>> in mentioned files. I don't know why. I can write metadanta using
>> Exiv2 via command line, that is ok.
>>
>> Any ideas what is the solution? Maybe somebody has installed from
>> such openSUSE packages and HAS a possibility to write metadata into
>> TIFF/PNG files?

Gilles, I am afraid that I don't get it -- I've got libkexiv2
4.2.3-92 (and KDE 4.2.3) library installed from openSUSE KDE4
Factory repository (the same as digikam packages).

Do you have some information if packages in KDE4 TRUNK repository
will be better and fix that problem?

Or maybe there is a possibility to get good libkexiv2 from another
repository? Or compiling by myself from sources, but I don't know if
I could compile only 1 library in KDE from sources (and not whole
big KDE, I am week at this).

I hope I will solve this problem, tagging a few tousands of
PNG/TIFFs from command line in various directories takes a lot of
time. In digiKam it is fast and easy.

--
/\/\ichau, admin [monkey] nocnyrzepin [dot] net
http://www.nocnyrzepin.net